My Life

Sunday, August 9, 2015

A Special Weekend

Nine months ago this weekend I was sealed to an amazingly kind man. The time has gone by fast! This guy that I fell in love with almost two years ago, has been a calming, loving, and humbling influence on my life. I've learned so much from his patience, love, and kindness. 

I have learned that it's better to forgive readily than let the frustrations stew. I've learned that with God on your side, you can overcome fear, anxiety, and anything you are willing to give to him. I've learned that I have a tendency to cling to things; things that may make me feel angry, frustrated, or upset. Brett has a beautfiul way of helping me communicate my feelings even when "I just want to be mad for awhile!" He forgives so quickly and moves on from it. It's an amazing quality. I'm posting this not just so you know how wonderful Brett is, but becaues a lot of this has been on my mind this weekend. Why, you ask?

 

I had a good friend get married this weekend. We had the pleasure of attending the sealing of Lanae and Lukas in the Twin Falls temple. These are two great people and both Brett and I were so impressed by the words of the Sealer during their sealing.  He reminded us of so many promises we made nine months ago. His words were beautiful and touched both our hearts. I love looking at Brett when he is feeling the spirit, his eyes get a little teary and he can't wipe the smile off his face. He usually talks to me afterward about the thoughts, but this time he couldn't contain it. As the sealer would say things, he would squeeze my hand, kiss my cheek, or would whisper to me about the little things that impressed him. "That's a good thing to remember..." "Return to the temple often.", "Love each other's families", "read and re-read the Family Proclamation to the World", "Don't allow the cares of the world to fog the covenants you have made with each other and God".All good reminders!

   

The sealer said so much more and reminded us of the promises we made and the blessings we will recieve through being sealed together for time and all eternity. What a blessing to be reminded of these things. It made me think, I would like to make a tradition in our family that on or around our anniversary we do sealings to remind ourselves of the covenants we made. 

It was a really nice weekend! Congrats Lanae and Lukas!

No comments:

Post a Comment